Khanh-Dao Le, L. et al. (2017) Clinical Psychology Review. 53,(4) pp. 46–58
- The review described 13 ED preventive interventions spanning universal, selective and indicated preventive interventions.
- A bias adjusted meta-analysis is undertaken of 112 articles that evaluated eating disorder prevention interventions.
- Promising preventive interventions for ED risk factors/ behaviours included cognitive dissonance, cognitive behavioural therapy and media literacy.
- Combined ED and obesity prevention interventions require further research.
- Insufficient evidence supported the effect of ED prevention interventions on pre-adolescent children and adults.
Read the full abstract here